|AIMS AND SCOPE|
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- 1. Read the Aims & Scope to gain an overview and assess if your article is suitable for this journal.
- 2. The manuscript should be original and has not been previously published or under review by other journals.
- 3. Ensure that all authors' identities have been filled in the metadata. The correspondence author should be registered as Primary Contact on the Contributor list.
- 4. The submission manuscript is in Microsoft Word 97-2003 document, single column, Cambria 12 pt, minimum 8 pages, and maximum 15 pages. There is an additional payment for the exceeded pages (see Article Processing Fee). The authors have used one of the reference manager software (i.e. Mendeley, Zotero, or Endnote) to manage references in the article. We encourage the author to check the template of their articles before submitting them using this page.
- 5. Manuscripts content should be arranged in the following order: Title, Abstract, Introduction, Related Works, Originality, System Design, Experiment and Analysis, Conclusion, Acknowledgment, and References (See Author Guidelines).
- 6. All research works should be carefully referenced. The number of references must be at least 25 references. To maintain the novelty of the proposed method/system, most references should be with publishing from the years 2017 to the current year (except books, or fundamental topic references).
- 7. Before submitting the manuscript to reviewers, it is first checked by the editor team for similarity/plagiarism. The manuscript submitted to EMITTER International Journal of Engineering Technology (EMITTER Journal) must have a similarity score of less than 25%. An article that plagiarizes another author’s work or author's own will be rejected by EMITTER Journal.
- 8. EMITTER Journal accepts expanded versions of an author’s own referenced conference articles, as long as the similarity is less than 30%. The similarity of the article will be checked by the editor team using a plagiarism checker tool.
- 9. The manuscript should be thoroughly reviewed for proper grammar before being submitted. Articles with poor grammar will be immediately rejected. The editors suggest Grammarly software to assist authors in checking their articles for grammar issues before submission.
The copyright to this article is transferred to Politeknik Elektronika Negeri Surabaya(PENS) if and when the article is accepted for publication. The undersigned hereby transfers any and all rights in and to the paper including without limitation all copyrights to PENS. The undersigned hereby represents and warrants that the paper is original and that he/she is the author of the paper, except for material that is clearly identified as to its original source, with permission notices from the copyright owners where required. The undersigned represents that he/she has the power and authority to make and execute this assignment. The copyright transfer form can be downloaded here .
The corresponding author signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all co-authors. This agreement is to be signed by at least one of the authors who have obtained the assent of the co-author(s) where applicable. After submission of this agreement signed by the corresponding author, changes of authorship or in the order of the authors listed will not be accepted.
Retained Rights/Terms and Conditions
- Authors retain all proprietary rights in any process, procedure, or article of manufacture described in the Work.
- Authors may reproduce or authorize others to reproduce the work or derivative works for the author’s personal use or company use, provided that the source and the copyright notice of Politeknik Elektronika Negeri Surabaya (PENS) publisher are indicated.
- Authors are allowed to use and reuse their articles under the same CC-BY-NC-SA license as third parties.
- Third-parties are allowed to share and adapt the publication work for all non-commercial purposes and if they remix, transform, or build upon the material, they must distribute under the same license as the original.
To avoid plagiarism activities, the manuscript will be checked twice by the Editorial Board of the EMITTER International Journal of Engineering Technology (EMITTER Journal) using iThenticate Plagiarism Checker and the CrossCheck plagiarism screening service. The similarity score of a manuscript has should be less than 25%. The manuscript that plagiarizes another author’s work or author's own will be rejected by EMITTER Journal.
Authors are expected to comply with EMITTER Journal's plagiarism rules by downloading and signing the plagiarism declaration form here and resubmitting the form, along with the copyright transfer form via online submission.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.